Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Idea for Delights of the Palate

The idea for this blog came to me when I realized that I have snippets of information on food, wine, beer and scotch all over the place - in my head, on my computer, on little bits of paper in my purse, in my filing cabinets and in my recipe books. I thought that if I had one place to put all this information so that I can easily have access to it, it would make my life just a bit easier. Better yet, if I wrote it out for me to use, why not write it out for my friends and family to use? So here it is.

This blog will contain information on wine, beer, scotch, chocolates, teas, coffees and all sorts of tasty foods. I will mention names - brand names, books, restaurants, people. I will endeavor to give out correct information - as best as I can find or know. Many times, the comments will be my personal opinions.

I invite you to read the blog, have fun sensing and create your own collection of opinions.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on this new venture!
    Our current cooking issue has to do with Whisks. We have found that many of the whisks with contemporary handles are problematic. The handles are too heavy. While using it, you often rest the whisk in the bowl. The weight of the handle makes the whisk fall outon its own and spread the ingredients everywhere but where you want them. We are planning on finding a properly weighted whisk and sharing the results with you.

    ReplyDelete